Chamomile Tea

Chamomile Flower




















I tried Chamomile tea for the first time and I can vouch that it worked wonders. I recommend 3 cups because when I tried 4 it seemed like overdose. I suggest drinking a cup every 2-3 hours or so, just experiment with your own body. It really worked and felt like a soothing high calming my nervous system and carried on to the morning.



A video I watched about a lady delicately handling her Chamomile flowers was helpful in introducing me to Chamomile tea. I stand assured that there are two main factors to the Chamomile working so gently on my nervous system. Number one is giving it attention, I had been researching Chamomile for tea infusion and read about its qualities i.e. anti-inflammatorymenstrual crampsanxiety, insomnia, muscle strainsbrain, nervous system, sleep, anti-bacterial and irritable bowel. Sometimes you do so much research that things become very influential. The other main factor was my new vegan diet of electric foods, a very clean plant-based diet that has changed my health for the better. Being more sensitive to herbs is a great benefit to eating electric foodsEating so clean has allowed my body to absorb and be more receptive to the benefits of Chamomile. 

Below is a reference for the times I drank in my first experience with Chamomile tea. I used Chamomile flowers that had been dried to use for tea.

7:30AM - First cup of tea

I took a morning walk after my first cup of tea and maybe felt some calmness but I can't determine whether it was the Chamomile tea or not, although it might of been. I did not have any food in the morning. 

12:00PM - Second cup of tea

I usually have my first meal at this time so I took my second cup of tea.

2:30PM - Third cup of tea

I may of overdone it with this third cup of tea, I think it could of been left out as it most likely caused the overdose I felt later on as you'll see below. 

3:30PM - Forth cup of tea

The forth cup of tea was my last cup before feeling the effects much later that day.

8:00PM - The effects


This is when the Chamomile started kicking in, first it was just a subtle relaxation and later when I grew tiresome I was incredibly soothing. I also woke up more relaxed than usual, I say I overdosed because it was a bit on the strong side on my head. When it hits you'll know it for sure, I was taking it for ease and calmness and it worked wonders. It really seemed to equalize my nervous system as it's one of the benefits listed below. 


Chamomile Dried 

Directions:

  1. 1 tsp Chamomile flower dried herb (as seen in the picture).
  2. 1 cup fresh spring water (190°F) or just under boiling.
  3. Steep for 10 min.
  4. Serve and drink.