What makes this dish special is that it is 100% oil free. Neither the bread nor the sautéed were cooked with oil.
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour (kamut flour can also be used)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water
- More flour to work with
1. Mix spelt flour and sea salt.
2. Add warm water slowly, stopping to mix for the correct dough texture.
3. Knead the dough for one minute, just enough to smooth out the dry spots.
4. Heat skillet to medium heat.
5. Take a small handful of dough and use a rolling pin to flatten. (Flatten as thin as possible)
6. Cook one side for about 2 minutes, or less on a medium heat pan.
- 5 oz. baby bella mushrooms (about 8)
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry thyme
- sea salt (to taste, added only after cooking)
Equipment: Cast Iron Skillet
1. Dice onions and peppers.
2. Remove mushroom stems and slice very thin.
3. Heat pan to high heat.
4. Add onions.
(Continue to stir to avoid it from sticking)
5. Cook until golden brown.
6. Add peppers and cook for three minutes. (Add a tsp. of water to the pan if you find that the food is sticking)
7. Add mushrooms and cook until they shrink (about 5 min)
8. Serve and add thyme, add sea salt to taste.